Monday, June 30, 2014

General Assembly 2014 -- Day 5

So it's all finally over. I wish it would never end but MAN am I glad it's over. As you can tell, I was so exhausted that it took me nearly a whole extra day to put this up but here we go...

For me, this was a day of deepening connections. Sunday Morning Worship was lovely and the last General Session and Closing Celebration were nice in spite of a somewhat sparse crowd, but what I'll remember about this day are things like platonic cuddles with a fellow Starr King seminarian during General Session/Closing Celebration and meeting for dinner to decompress with my fellow UU Miami delegates and the large gathering of young adults at a local bar for one last hurrah, complete with a spontaneous sing-along to "Wonderwall" and oodles of wonderful conversations and discussions.

It's difficult to gauge so soon after it's over, but this may well have been my favorite General Assembly I've ever been to, which almost seems impossible to fathom. What's even more mindblowing is that next year will probably be even BETTER when I come as a 2nd year seminarian for Ministry Days. Oh what a journey this Unitarian Universalism thing has been and will continue to be for a long, looong time.

No comments:

Post a Comment